Monday, March 23, 2015

Materials for Making the World of Klaus

To make the sets and scenes for my animation, Klaus, I only use a small range of tools.  All of the backgrounds, sets, and puppets are all painted cut paper.  I use BFK Rives printmaking papers because they take wet medium well while also being easy to cut.  Watercolor paper is simply too thick. My primary cutting tools are different types of scissors and X-acto knives. I use Winsor & Newton Designers Gouache for the painted parts of the piece.  

After all of the paper for the puppets is cut and painted I need to joint them.  For smaller puppets I use wire joints.  For larger puppets I use paper joints.  

Materials used in the creation of Klaus

Here are a few examples and sneak peaks of some of the details and how I use these materials.  

Tiny painted furniture.

Clocks.

Small full body puppets of Klaus.



No comments:

Post a Comment