Monday, March 16, 2015

Visual Development and Character Design




After I make the initial story then I have to start redesigning Klaus, the sets, and the overall look of the piece.  I started with Klaus.  Since my original designs were only really fit for making shadow puppets I experimented with shapes and angles.  I stayed with the same body shape, but experimented with expressions and shape of the face.

Next I worked on the sets and ideas for what they would look like.  Some I realized more by painting them and some were created through the storyboards.  They were roughly made and used for reference for the final piece.

Finally I worked on the most important aspect of this work, the clocks.  The evolution of the clocks through the animation is pivotal.  I spent extra time realizing these clocks and their progression. Through this process I found a medium I was excited to work with in this animation.  I am creating the animation with cut paper painted with gouache.




                 





No comments:

Post a Comment